Wong Fung Kai
| Wang Fengjie 王凤喈1 |
| Fung Kai Whang |
Fung Ki Whang
Wang Fung Kai2
| Wang Yiting 王仪廷 |
| 2 |
| 45 |
| 1860 |
| Cixi, Zhejiang |
| 14 (Lunar Calendar) |
| London (at an early age) |
| (1) Farms Village (now Simsbury), CT |
(2) Northampton, MA
|Miss Clara J. Alford, Farms Village (Simsbury), CT3 |
| Williston Seminary, Easthampton, MA, 1876-18794 |
|Gave "a brief synopsis of the life and motives of Confucius" at "Seniors' Day" at Williston Seminary, June 1879.5 |
|Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, 1879-1881; civil engineering.6 |
| Assigned to Beiyang Naval School; being the top graduate, he was retained as Teaching Assistant - altogether 8 years.7 |
| c. 1890: Transferred to diplomatic service; Attaché, Chinese Legation to Great Britain. |
| Navy (training); Diplomatic Service |
| Niece, Wang Li-Yun 王丽云 |
1. Personal name written 凤阶 in Xu (1978), 38, and in student name lists compiled by Tong Yuen Chan (Tang Yuanzhan 唐元湛 II, 53) and Won Bing Chung (Wen Bingzhong 温秉忠 II, 36).
2. Springfield Daily Republican, 26 July 1873, p. 3.
3. Rhoads (2011), p. 52, Table 5.1.
4. Years at Williston Seminary: Edward J. M. Rhoads (email, 19 Dec 2003); Rhoads (2011), p. 100, Table 7.3.
5. Rhoads (2011), p. 159, citing Springfield Daily Republican, 26 June 1879, p. 4.
6. Information from matriculation records courtesy Chinese Alumni Heritage Project at Lehigh University.
7. Rhoads (2011), p. 198.