Wong Liang Ting
1905 CEM Reunion, LaFargue Collection
| Wang Liangdeng 王良登 |
| Leung Tung Wang |
Liang Tun Wong
Wang Liang Tun1
Wong Leung Tun
Wong Liang Tung
Wong Lun Tun
| Wang Fuchen 王辅臣 |
| 2 |
| 60 |
| 1861 |
| Zhenhai, Zhejiang2 |
| 13 (Lunar Calendar) |
| Shanghai |
| (1) Holyoke, MA; |
(2) Exeter, NH
|Hervey S. & Nancy L. (Beach) Dickerman, Holyoke, MA3 |
| Holyoke High School, Holyoke, MA, ?-1880 |
Phillips Exeter Academy, NH, 1880-18814
| Harvard College (?)5 |
| Assigned to Torpedo Section of Dagu 大沽 Forts, Tianjin. |
Transferred to Torpedo Section at Weihaiwei 威海卫; served there during Sino-Japanese War, 1894.
Tutor of English to Yuen Keh T'ing 袁克定, eldest son of President Yuan Shih Kai 袁世凯.
Served with Peking-Mukden (Shenyang) Railway 京奉铁路 in chief engineer’s office; also worked for numerous railway lines in Zhili, Shandong, Shansi, Henan, Jiangxi, Hubei, Guizhou and Anhui.
Worked also in mining, commerce and real estate fields.
At one time served with Tianjin Mint.
Secretary to Chinese Consulate General, New York.
Consul General in Havana, Cuba.
Served with Hankou-Zhangshan Railway.6
| Navy; Consular Service; Railway Service |
| Wang Xiansong 王贤嵩 |
1. Springfield Daily Republican, 26 July 1873, 3.
2. Zhenhai 鎮海 in student list compiled by Won Bing Chung (Wen Bingzhong 温秉忠II, 36); Dinghai 定海 in Xu (1978), 39; Shen Bao, 27 May 1873; and in student list compiled by Tong Yuen Chan (Tang Yuanzhan 唐元湛II, 53).
3. Rhoads (2011), p. 52, Table 5.1. The Census of June 1880 records Wong Liang Ting as a "boarder student" living with his original host family, the Dickermans of Holyoke, MA. Similarly, his housemate with the Dickermans, Ting Sung Kih (Ding Chongji 丁崇吉 II, 37), was also recorded as a "boarder student" with the family in Holyoke. Since the Census only recorded individual dwelling places as of the end of June, 1880, the two students' later residences at schools away from Holyoke (Wong at Phillips Exeter Academy, and Ting at Harvard University) were not noted.
4. Rhoads (2011): Holyoke High School, p. 98, Table 7.2; Phillips Exeter, p. 100, Table 7.3.
5. See Qian & Hu (2003), 108; Qian & Hu (2004), 116. These researchers report having seen references to Wong's presence at Harvard but were unable to confirm this in the records.
6. Items in this section derived from Yung Shang Him (1939), p. 26; and web site http://baike.baidu.com/view/5481834.htm (accessed 11 Jan. 2012).