Kwong Pin Kong
1936 CEM Reunion, LaFargue Collection
| Kuang Bingguang 邝炳光 |
| Kwang Cinq Kwong |
Kwong Cinq Kwong
Kwong Ping Kong
Kwong Ping Kwang1
| 邝元亮 |
| 4 |
| 93 |
| 1863 |
| Xinning, Guangdong Province; Taishan County2 |
| 13 (Lunar Calendar) |
| Shanghai |
| (1) Columbia, CT; |
(2) Holyoke, MA.
| (1) Miss E.C. Williams; |
(2) N.L. Dickerman
|Holyoke High School, Holyoke, MA 1878?-18813 |
| Worcester County Free Institute of Industrial Science (now Worcester Polytechnic Institute), MA4 |
| "M.Sc. degree in 2nd year of Hsun Tung Examination"5 |
| Torpedo section of Taku Forts |
| First mate (torpedoes) 鱼雷大副 on cruiser Chai Yuen 济运 6; commanded gunboat Gin Ou; |
Worked for Hanyan Ironworks, the Peking-Mukden Railway, Salt Distribution Dept., many mining enterprises in Zhili, Shandong and Hubei.
| Navy/Railway/Mining |
|First cousin of Kwong Young Kong (Kuang Rongguang 邝荣光 I, 8) and Kwong Kwok Kong (Kuang Guoguang 邝国光 IV, 92). A daughter married a son of Sue Yi Chew (Su Ruizhao 苏锐钊 II, 35).7 |
| Maternal grand-daughter: Louise Su Tang. |
| Wrote The Metallurgy of Gold and Silver in China. |
1. As signed by Kwong in the 1877-1881 autograph album of his Holyoke H.S. schoolmate, Wilfred Maro Wharfield (http://heirloomsreunited.blogspot.ca/2014/03/1877-1881-autograph-album-of-wilfred.html).
2. Won Bing Chung (Wen Bingzhong 温秉忠 II, 36), CEM List, 1924.
3. Rhoads (2011), p. 98, Table 7.2.
4. Rhoads (2011), p. 100, Table 7.3.
5. Yung Shang Him (10/1939), 254; Yung Shang Him (1939), 30; refers to 2nd year of Emperor Xuan Tong 宣统, shortly prior to whose reign (1909-12) the traditional civil service examination system had been replaced by a modern one.
6. 北洋水师 "The Imperial Chinese Navy" website <http://www.beiyang.org/bybq/jy.htm> (13.11.2009)
7. Information courtesy Louise Su Tang (email 6 April 2008).